The Best Ways to Buy Physical Gold
This video goes through the different options for buying physical gold either in coins or bars.
- Coins: more flexibility, liquide
- Bar: sizeable amount.
Option 1: Buying gold from your local dealer
- check and examine the merchandise.
- pick up your purchase immediately.
- no shipping/insurance fees.
- Higher price.
- Limited liquidity.
- Limited inventory.
Option 2: Shop Online
- 24/7 trading access.
- Professional account management.
- Buy, sell, store in a few clicks.
- Look for transparency.
How to choose a reputable online gold dealer
- Strong trustpiolt rating.
- Educate their customers.
- Big deal.
- Have a buyback policy.
- Accept multiple forms of payment.
- Online store.
- easy to do.
- 24/7 access to store ,customer service and account management.
- Fraud: Dealer may not deliver.
- Shipping/insurance fees.
- Delivery time.
Option 3: Shop for gold on eBay
- Sounds unusual and risky.
- Cand be a good experience.
- Tip1: use the “Advanced Search”.
- Tip2: vet the seller before you actually buy.
eBay – The risks
- Counterfeit or substandard products.
- Seller artificially inflate bids.
- Convenient, free shipping.
- No state sales tax.
- Easy, faster, lucrative.
- More suited for veteran investors and not for inexperienced buyers.
- Swarming with counterfeits imitations and substandard items.
- Dishonest sellers manipulate prices .
How do you store your gold.
- Buy and store program.
- Home storage.
- Bank safe deposit box.